Saturday, April 12, 2008

Hired Gun - Cashier

This was a few days ago when I was shopping for food, and I thought I would share it.

I saw a cute register girl and decided that I was going to go to her and hopefully say at the very least Hi. Well i got an opportunity as I was standing in line for a situational opener. Her manager or someone was at her register and they were fiddling with paper on her receipt area. So I said something on these lines of "So did you break your register?" with a big smile (at least i think it was big, i can't see my self :P) She laughed and said "No, I just needed to have my paper changed"

At this point I should have moved onto a transition question of some sort.... except i couldn't think of anything except "so are they hiring here", but I didn't even say that as I didn't want to know, and I thought it was lame, plus I was hoping that something else was going to pop into my small little head. Alas nothing so i just stood there waiting my turn awkwardly (as there was 1 other person ahead of me that the cashier was helping).

Then as it was finally my turn all I could get out was Hi. She asked me if I had a card, I said "No, would it have saved me some $?" She said yes, then I said something on the lines of "Oh well, I guess I'll have to get one of those neat little things seeing how I'll be shopping here often". I finished my transaction and before I left I just asked here where I get one of those cards at.

She was about a 6 on my scale (cute) Yet I still had a bit of trouble... any ideas what I could have said to her? or done differently? Any advice at all is helpful.

No comments: