Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Post # 31

I have finally reached a point where going to my favorite bookstore, and local mall so often during that week that mentioned Day # whatever is irrelevant. I find this especially true as I have slow days and off days, and may find one at a certain location and another somewhere else. So how do I classify or name my posts from here on out? If I can think of anything specific to a certain instance such as a workshop or meeting that I visit, or a random girl that I chat up here and there and actually counts toward a conversation or that I find interesting, those ones shall have specific titles. So for now I think I'll stick with the post #, or perhaps something like "Approach Log #". Ya I like that, but since this one has some rants in it, I'll keep it as it's current title. So with that out of the way on to the sets.

1) As I pulled up to the bookstore, there was another car in front of me, and pulled into a spot on a curve, and there was an empty one right next to her that I thought was fine. She however did not pull in correctly and made it difficult for me to pull in next to her, so I tried to decided if I wanted to wait for her to fix her car, or just pull next to her and then have her fix the car. I did the latter as I wanted to park, and thats when I noticed her a 7.5 with long brown hair very beautiful. I tried to take my time gathering my things before exiting the car to try and time things with her coming out of the car at the same time so I could mention something how she parked. But she was taking her sweet as time fixing her car, and then taking even longer before she got out. So as to not make things weird I got out and headed for the bookstore. I didn't do my normal "rounds" around the place before taking my seat, instead I looked over the bottom floor slightly then took my seat. I did this partially because I wanted to give that girl sometime to get settled and such. As luck would have it I see her go to the coffee counter and order a drink, I'm at my favorite spot by the napkins reading and scouting around when I saw her. She didn't see me until she got close in my range. I tried to word this w/o coming off as needy or too AFC, and thought of exactly what to say.
Me: "Hey, I'm sorry I parked so close to your car" I actually parked closer to the car on my other side so she wouldn't hit mine.
Her: Smiling, something like "oh, it's ok"
Me: "I should have waited until you finished parking"
Her: "Oh, it was no problem" but she was kinda laughing and smiling back.
What I said next, I said as a test and do believe that I was very confident in my saying it. As I've been trying to get enough courage to try it, and have a good opportunity to do so.
Me: "Why don't you sit and join me for a bit?"
Her: Something like "Oh well I can't stay I have work on stuff" maybe she said study instead of work, not quite sure.
Me: "Your telling me you don't have even have time to just relax and enjoy your coffee?"
Her: "Well no, I will, but I have get going and do something" Not quite exactly what she said but I am 120% sure she said something at the very end. Her voice sounded hesitant as if she was making it up as she went along, but with a slight smirk to her face, as if she was considering it.
Me: "Well you have a good day"
Her: "You too", she continued to get napkins for a few seconds and then, as she was leaving I heard a very low "Bye".

Now my thoughts on that, I think personally there wasn't anything wrong with what I said or how I may have said it. I do know that when I was making my rounds upstairs (twice) I saw her sitting on a couch reading. But I suppose there could have been any number of reasons why she didn't sit, unless anyone can think of anything specific from what I've said that stands out. Any comments or suggestions would be helpful, moving on.

2)I think I'm going to keep any names I get from now on out, as to keep it private for some unknown reason to myself, but as respect to these girls, that and I don't even know how to spell this one. Funny think about rating scales I got my how I think they look when I see then, but as you get to sit and chat with them that scale can shift. I gave her a 6.5 when I saw her, but after I sat there and talked with her for 1/2 hour I mentally changed it to a 7, long brown hair. She was a mix of Israeli, Russian, & Dominican and was fluent in all those except Dominican, her English was excellent only a slight Canadian accent. I felt very attached to this particular girl because I felt a REAL connection with her, but I'm hurt inside as I will most likely never see her again. I know thats some short term one-itis BS and I'm already coping with the fact that I have to move on from her. So why did I get so attached to this girl in such a short amount of time? I'm not entirely sure, but this is how it went, more or less.

I started off with Kate Perry Routine, then transitioned to something like "So what are you reading?". Note she was sitting on the floor leaning on a bookshelf reading, and I stood there for 5-10 min before I actually decided to sit down. We started talking and talking, in fact she was re-initiating the conversation in between pauses asking things about like, like whats my story and such. We both shared very personal things in a very short amount of time. Some topics we covered: Travel, Out jobs and where she works, nationalities, languages, fate & destiny, religion, relationships and our marriages to be more specific. Yep she's married, at least from what she said, and perhaps when it came to the #close I should have pushed harder as I saw no ring, but thought it could have been a # of reason why she didn't wear one. I won't bother to list them all or even some of them, but when she spoke of him I felt it was real. It's hard to explain, but nonetheless I did try the #close, and she said something "like I told you I'm married". I responded with something like "So? we can still hang out", she went on about how her husband is very overprotective, how it would look bad if she went out with some guy. I finally said something like well bring him along then, I don't know why I said that but I did. She still went on and on, and said she can't, I just said "Fine", and tried to talk about something else before I left.

3)At the mall I went into one of those cool shops with new gadgets and things, and sat down in a very comfortable recliner right next to 6 black girl who was also in one. I started off with something like that looks really comfy I have to try. When I finally got situated I said something like "Did you have a long day as well?" she said something about dancing the day before and was sore all over. It wasn't a fluent conversation as she kept trying to relax and so was I, it was so comfy. But I jokingly mentioned "I wonder how long we can stay her before they kick us out" She laughed. I don't really remember much, and there wasn't much I really said anyway, just wasn't really in the mood to talk at the time for some reason, I blame the massage chair.

1 comment:

Jay said...

Approach # 1:

Do not apologize to a girl unless you do something so egregious that it warrants an apology - like you ran over her dog or something. You built absolutely no attraction and started by DLV. It is no suprise she didn't want to sit with you :-(

Approach # 2:

Seriously, stop talking about your past marriage. Keep past relationships to YOURSELF. If you cannot follow this simple guideline you will be a very unhappy camper. The only time you share relationship stories is when they DHV.

When you attempt to number close and a woman responds that she is married or has a boyfriend, never respond with a “So? We can still hang out.” You are asking her to choose you over her current partner and she doesn’t know who the hell you are. He will win every time. Act surprised and tell her that you didn’t say you wanted to date her, but rather that she was cool and felt it would be interesting to hang out again. Then go for the number close again. This way you are controlling the frame. You made her the prize during the number close and she was in full control at that point.