Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Barnes & Noble Day 2

Ok I have much more girls to add to my approach, and tried to get more interaction today than I got yesterday, and I believe I reached that. Like yesterday's I approached with the simple "Hey, How's it going?" And followed up with something. So lets get into them shall we.

1)Girl with pink shirt, I approached said my thing, and maybe got a little smirk but nothing else. I might have followed up "What brought you here today?" but honestly I don't remember, besides it was my "1st" approach. I say it like that because technically I went up to a hired gun to talk to them about the membership, but you need to pay for there gay ass cards... WTF is the point of buying a card to save $ if you have to buy the fucking thing???? Anyway moving on.

2)I seriously need to take actually notes from now on other than "Green shirt - Coffee" She obviously had a green shirt on and her response to what brought her there was coffee. Ah now I remember, she just got her coffee and went to the napkins, and I approached. With the normal "Hey, How's it going?" Then moving to what brought here there. But I remember now that she just left in a hurry after she said that.

3)This one was quite the challenge for me personally because of where she was located from where I was sitting. The way I've been doing this is reading for about 50 minutes (studying my book) and then getting up and walking all around the 2 floors looking for any girls to talk to. So from where I sit, I can see when a girl is going up stairs and also if there is one on the lower floor. At this particular time I didn't see anyone and returned to my chair from the back part of the store. When I sat down to my seat I noticed this girl had sat down on the other side of the wall I was sitting on with her back to me. Obviously she came while I was walking around, otherwise I would have just come from the front and approached her. After much help from Yummy, and waiting for most of the people sitting around to disappear I finally got up and walked back from the way I came, and worked my way to the front and approached her with "Hey how's it going?, do you mind if join you?" Pointing to the chair right across from here. I think this went pretty well, we talked back and forth for a bit, but there was a problem. She was working on a paper and kept looking down at the book she was reading and taking notes, and not really looking up at me, this indicated to me that she wasn't that interested. Plus I was running out of things to talk about there were pauses of about 20 seconds here and there. I finally was completely out of things to say that I could think of, that and I was under the impression that she didn't want me to be there anymore. So I just said "Well it was nice meeting you, I have to get back to my studying." and left. I should mention that the only kino I was able to do was when I said my name, and got hers and we shook hands. Kino was kind of hard to do because of the table in between us.

4)This was the best one so far since I've started doing this, it went really well. I opened with "Hey how's it going?" and followed up with "Wow thats a lot of books". She was carrying at least 6 books, 1 of which was "The Red Queen" and I mentioned that I heard that book was great, she said that it was recommended to her and she never really got a chance to read it, and happened to see it now. There wasn't any kino because I'm an idiot because we started upstairs and continued the conversation downstairs where we stopped a few feet from the registers, but we talked for a good 5-7 minutes. It went really well, everything flowed, and she did most of the talking which it seems I do better with because I can listen all day long. But I did get my share of talking in when she asked how about you for this and that. She was from L.A. and thought that to # close would have been pointless but Yummy already yelled at me saying it was the perfect time to. I prolly could have # closed too :(

5)Not sure what is with all these girls and not saying anything but it kinda makes me wonder a few things... Is it just me? Are they just shy? or what? I opened she kinda smiled said nothing, then I asked "What are you reading?" she just looked up, not sure if she even smiled that time, but still said NOTHING! I just said after that ooook with a confused expression, and picked up a random magazine that we were near, flipped through a couple of pages and then just left.

6)I approached, and then after I got the words out of my mouth I realized that she was way to young, she said hi in a very low voice, and I just moved past her looking at some books.

7)This girl was pretty not entirely sure on age thought she might have been too young but seemed to be in a rush. I approached and she responded with Hi, and then kept walking, I didn't even get to ask her anything else, she was gone just like that.

8)I was just getting ready to leave, and was going to make one last walk around, when this girl comes up to order some coffee. I was sitting down still, and while she was waiting for her coffee, she turned and looked around and we made eye contact. I'm pretty sure I smiled cause she smiled, but my AA was kicking into high gear and I couldn't get up. So I waited to see where she was going to go exactly, I figured that she didn't come in here to just get some coffee and leave. I was right, she got her coffee and took a seat near the front of the store. I gave her a few seconds to get settled, and I packed up my book and got up. Perhaps I should have waited longer, or perhaps it was my approach, whatever it was I know it was something I had to do. I came up from the back and headed towards the front where she was sitting and approached from the front of her. I said "Hey how's it going? May I join you?" I figured it worked so well with #3 and this time I thought I had more confidence, but all I got out of her was "Hi, I'm sorry but actually my sister is coming and something...." I think this was possibly a shit test now that I think about it, and should have responded with "That's ok I can only stay a minute anyway.... blah blah" but all I could get out was "Ok, thats cool, well I just wanted to come over and say Hi", she said Hi again, and I left the store. I should have walked the rest of it like I had planned too, but I really just wanted to get home after all that. I had a long day.

I got there at 9:30am, left at 2:30 to go to the SI mall, and returned at 4:30 then left at 7pm. So I had a LONG day, and overall I think I didn't do too bad, I had some really slow hours from 2:30 to like 6:30 though. While I was at the mall I had NO luck whatsoever, I don't know why everyone keeps recommending to go to the mall to meet girls, cause it seems that every time I go there, there aren't any single sets at all! If they are, then there either way to young, or way too old. I felt like it was damn JHS, so many kids were there today. Perhaps it's just the hours that I happen to go there, but I've had zero luck there.

2 comments:

Jay said...

1) I believe the card costs $25, but you do save a couple of dollars per book you buy - it depends on the cost of the book but I think you save an addtional % off or something. If you buy A LOT of books, it is definetly worth it, otherwise it is not. I've save a shit load from it and have had it for years, but you know how many books I buy ;-)

3) The girls keep looking down because it feels less awkward to pretend they are doing something than sitting there in silence looking at you. It will become less common as you become better at this, but girls will still do it in different situations.

4) I'm glad you opened this one like I told you to, it worked out pretty good, too bad you didn't number close also :-(

I think your doing excellent, just give us some more detail on the approaches - more about the conversations and give each one a rating :-)

Jay said...

Oh, and malls are a great place to meet girls. Hang out around the areas where there are the clothing stores, especially victoria secret, etc.