Friday, May 30, 2008

Mall Approachs

For some reason I had a pretty slow day, started at the bookstore, and got bored after 2 hours and zero approaches, so I moved to the mall. When I got there I think it was about 1/2 hour before I finally got my first one for the day.

1)Girl sitting on bench, an 8 with brown hair and blonde streaks. Opened with Kate Perry and implemented the new minor changes that I made to it, and was a success. But not sure if it was the changes or the fact that she was sitting, it has proven to work better on stationary targets. We'll see more on Saturday when I go out with wing again if the newer changes have any effect. Anyway I moved very smoothly into asking her if she knew of any good bars / clubs to go to on Friday night, she said none on the island, but recommended 3 clubs in the city (Pachaa, Guest House, and Home). I was getting lots of IOI's from this girl, and I know I was definally smiling back with her, I started to transition to something else, but she got a buzz on her phone that she was holding and said she had to get back to work, and taped my leg as she got up. If that wasn't an IOI then I don't know what is, but she got on her phone right away and started to walk away and said "You should definally check out Pachaa tonight". I wanted to ask her where she worked and was leaving in such a rush but didn't get to as she was already on the phone. I continued to walk the direction I was already going (opposite of her direction) and looped back around the other way, thinking maybe I can catch her at work if I could find her. I found her... Leaving with another girl out of the mall. I didn't approach her, only saw her from behind off in the distance. But now I'm totally confused, was she really going to work but not in the mall? Was the IOI's fake?

2)Black hair 5.5 walking from behind me, not that fast at first. I opened with Kate Perry going the same speed as her, but I noticed that she was speeding up for some reason, perhaps to just get away I have no idea. So I ended it after the girl part, didn't even transition, thanked her and slowed my pace down to nothing.

3)Hired Gun Sales Girl, this is one that I haven't wrote about as I have interacted practically on some level ever time I got to the mall, with my wing as well. I would say she's a 7 arab, long brown hair, with a KICK ASS body. Now although this isn't the same sales girl that I stupidly bought that cream from, it is the same booth. So as the guy attempts to stop me, I brush him off and continue walking, but today I had a purpose I was going to try and talk to her w/o her BS sales pitch. When I first got there and we made eye contact, she asked me how I was doing, I said good, and asked her as well; So then I moved on to "why do you like this job so much?". I was going to move into "It must because you get to touch and interact with guys all day", but I didn't say that I totally forgot about that. So I talked about if she got paid on commission, and she does so I joked around saying so thats why your so pushy. It wasn't going as I had planned in my head so I was winging it the best I could, she started talking about products again, and even pointed to the crap one that I did buy. I told her it was BS and didn't work so she was fiddling around looking for another for my face. She started speaking with her co-worker in Hebrew, I responded with "Are you trying to plot against me, and kill me?" or something on those lines, she laughed and said "No, I was asking where a certain cream was". So now she running her game on me full fledge and asks me to take a seat, Now if it wasn't for the fact that I've already been walking around all fucking day I wouldn't have taken it, but my feet where killing me so I sat and played along. Might as well get a free demo as I think of things to say. But I finally got some baring again and remembered some things I was trying to talk to her about to get her off the sales pitch BS. I started with something like "So, how long do you have stay here?"
Her: "All day"
Me: "So, until the mall closes at 9:30?"
Her: "Yes normally but today I have to stay until 10"
Me: "So, don't you ever get to have a break?"
Her: "Ya I get a break at 3:00"
Me: "Where do you go eat?"
Her: "Right here in the food court"
Me: Looking at watch and seeing as it was like about to be 6, I've missed my opportunity for today. "Ok, well we should grab lunch one day"
Her: Something on the lines of sure, but with smiles and stuff, I don't believe any of the IOI's I really get from her, but I took it as a yes.
I started to lose control again as she started on about the product she was putting on me this whole time, and was saying how I only need to do it twice a week. I jumped on this opportunity, "Ok, well thats perfect I'll be coming back on Monday to get some shirts, you can do your bi-weekly demo on me, and then we'll grab some lunch". She started going about how she can't do that, and how I'm being cheap, and to buy her something at Victoria's Secret as a present for her putting the stuff on me. I just brushed that off with something like no, and she went on and on about "What am I cheap?". I was getting no where, and said something like "Ok, well fine since I'll be back Monday I'll just meet up for lunch with you". She responded with "I won't be here Monday it's my day off", I just said perhaps another day then. She was done, and I was done, and we parted. I wanted to at least get her damn name, but when I tried to mention it once during the conversation she brushed it off. At this point anyway I'm just trying to have some fun interacting and shit.

1 comment:

Jay said...

I'm just going to discuss #'s 1 and 3.

Approach 1:

Different "IOIs" are more important than others and a girl displaying what may be considered an IOI may actually not be. Generally when you see many different IOIs and some of the more important ones you are seeing that she is showing interest in you, otherwise it could be an indication of absolutely nothing. As for the touch on your leg when she got up, I'm sorry to break it to you, but that definetly was NOT an IOI. Girls will touch guys in such a way to protect their feelings.

Approach 3:

Try not to talk about a hired gun's job at all. Cut her routine right from the beginning like you attempted to do and move onto other threads. When you were quoting your conversation with her when you were asking her about when she gets off and where does she eat, it came off on paper as sounding like an interrogation. Just something to keep in mind.