Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Barnes & Noble Day 1

I finally took a few hours during a day to make some approaches and study for the CDL I need to get. So I went to my local Barnes & Noble, got myself a Moca Vente, and was ready to go. Most of them only consisted of short "Hey how's it going?" but it's progress none the less.

1)Girl reading magazine, I approached with "Hey how's it going?" Then followed up
with "What are you reading?" She was about a 6.5 kinda cute, it didn't go far cause I didn't push it enough.

2)Hired Gun - "Hey how's it going?" She said "Hi, can I help you?", I said no, just looking, so then she left. :(

3)Girl was near the cook books, and approached, but didn't go far.

4)Where I was sitting when reading up was a good place cause it was near the straws and napkins and such, so a lot of girls like this one came up, I said "Hey how's it going" and that was pretty much it for that one too.

5)Another girl by the napkins, except I followed up with "What brings you here?" her response was "Books", I'm not quite sure what my response was but it was on the lines of "Aren't we all".

6)My only true "successful" one, I approached with "Hey how's it going?" Followed by "What are you reading?" Her reply was good, and she smiled, said that it was a body language book. I followed up with something like "that's cool, so your trying to understand all this" She said ya, and I just was running out of things to say, so I asked her for name, got it, and told her mine, and shook hands. At that point I was out of things to say, so I mentioned that her necklace was pretty, she thanked me, and then I continued on my way.

7)Hired Gun - I just asked her what time that place closed, for some reason she had no clue, so she went to ask someone else that worked there and returned to me, I thanked her and she left.

So overall I didn't get much done, except a lot of reading, but I think I made some progress, and started feeling better especially after the 6th one.

No comments: