Tuesday, May 13, 2008

NYC Approaches to Meeting

Ok, so on my way to NYC yesterday I finally got enough balls to try out my "I know you" routine. It didn't go very well to say the least...

As soon as the train came to my stop I got on, the first car and looked around. I saw this girl facing forward and I sat down perpendicular to her about 2 seats away. Now one of the first things I did wrong was I waited a bit before I opened her. I was listening to music on my PSP, so I changed songs, and made the volume lower so I could talk and hear her. When I opened I look back and see that I'm sure I didn't come off with enough confidence, and didn't speak loud enough over the train car moving so I had to repeat my self. So here is pretty much how it went that I can remember:
Oh and I even started it off wrong
Me: Something on the lines of "I think I know you" instead of more confident and going with it "I know YOU!"
Her: She said something, not sure what...
Me: "Your Sarah right?"
Her: "No, I think your thinking of someone else"
Me: "Ya Sarah from Brooklyn"
Her: already in a kind of frustrated mood, I guess because I had to repeat my self also. But she said something like "No it's not me"
Me: "Oh well I guess your right, so then who are you?
Her: "I'm Erika (I think)"
Me: I could barely hear her too so I asked her to repeat then moved on to "Oh well Erika, what did you do with Sarah?"
Her: Seemed uninterested and upset at this point said something like "Nothing" I'm not even sure exactly what she said.
Me: "Oh well how are we supposed to find her then?"
Her: "Well I guess if she wanted to talk to you she would have given you her number"
Me: At this point I knew it completely bombed and it had to end before I even finished. So what I was supposed to say if I continued would be "Oh well this is getting us no where, we need to retrace our steps, What were you doing last Thursday night?" But I didn't say that, and knew it was time to go, so all I said was ""Oh well this is getting us no where".
I just plugged my PSP back into my ear, and kinda sat there looking straight for a while until the next stop came, where I got out and moved into the 2nd car. I was so nervous I had that feeling like, dropping 500ft from a roller coaster, or like when you just barely escape a car accident. It's not a good feeling, and it was with me for a while. The weird thing about this cute is she wasn't even that pretty, like maybe a 6, and I had a hard time, and she was acting like the shit.
In fact it put a damper on the rest of the approaches I should have done. I saw this one girl on the Ferry sitting there (after walking up, down, back & forth finding not a single girl for like ever). But I sat on another bench somewhat far, and after about a minute or two I made up the excuse that I couldn't approach her, although I'm sure she didn't even notice me as she was reading a book. But I was also partially scared to use that routine again. She was about a 6.5
There was another girl walking in the same direction as me in the streets, all I could see was a nice ass, and long hair, but I saw a guy look at her, then after passing check out her ass, so I knew then she was pretty.
So I tried to walk through the people to get close enough to approach her. First problem I had was that I had to find a way to either walk next to her or in front because I was told your not supposed to approach from behind, So I was unsure how to go about doing this. Second problem was my damn AA, I managed to stop right next to her, at the cross walk, and I turned and finally saw that pretty face of hers, and said NOTHING, I don't even remember if I smiled, I hope I did. I continued to walk ahead of her about another block to my destination. She was like a 7 (cute)
I did manage to talk to one girl sitting right outside our meeting room, but it wasn't until after a long time. The speaker came and the video guy, and I was talking with them, they went away for a minute or two so I made my move. The reason I didn't open sooner was because at first I was nervous, and then I scared myself out of it, and when I was ready she was calling lots of people on her phone. So when I did finally get to talk to her, I said "I noticed you have a tattoo on your foot, I bet that hurt a lot" She agreed, and mentioned that she drew it (a vine, that she showed me went a few inches up) and only cost $100. I tried to make small talk, and not even sure exactly what we talked about. I was happy enough that I fucking said anything, She was pretty as well. This was I would say a prettier 7 (more than cute, but not quite really pretty, I guess a 7.2)
On the way home right after I got out of my meeting I was hyped as these things always do. So I started looking for a girl, and found one walking ahead of me and I thought to my self I wasn't going mess up like that other one. I came up right to her left side, turned to see if she was cute and was about to speak when I realized that it was a friend of mine. It was Funny and Weird at the same time, so I just talked with her till I get to the subway car.
When I got the subway, I approached this girl that was standing on the wall waiting for the train and I didn't realize at first she had ear phones on. But I said "Do you know when the train comes", she was very friendly and very pretty (a 7.5 at least) and told me something like "They come very often so we shouldn't have to wait long, and she started to put her ear plugs back in, when I asked her another question. She had a nose ring (small hoop) So I asked if it hurt a lot, She was smiling and explaining that it didn't hurt that much, and exactly what they did, I remember mentioning something like "They should have given her some pain killers or something", moments later our train came, and for some reason she stood the entire time, even though there were a few seats and as stops when by plenty more opened up. But I was sitting what would be the equivalent of 2 seats away if she were sitting. I wanted to say something I didn't want to lose her, but as soon as that train came I kind of lost my nerve I guess.

1 comment:

Jay said...

Be aware of what you post on here and what you don’t. I’m not sure if you have mentioned anything in the past on this blog about that particular opener.

I was a bit confused about the first opener on the train. Did you keep your head phones in your head when you opened her? And did you move right next to her when you began speaking with her, or did you remain seated two seats away?

If you see a girl on the subway or ferry with a book, you can always ask her about the book also. Don’t get fixated on doing only one thing.

You can open a girl from behind, you can successfully do a whole ton of things you aren’t “supposed to do,” but try to follow the guidelines, if you end up in a situation where the only possible way to open a girl is from behind and you want to open her, then open her, what do you have to lose?

Your next two openers were fine, and see how easy they went. Situational openers are extremely easy and genuine and you don’t have to sit there memorizing a whole routine.

If you are going into a train with a girl you opened on the platform, continue to talk to her onto the train and remain standing there talking with her.

And tell us about how the meeting went and what you learned.